There’s no denying that Glossier is a cult beauty brand. Glossier’s founder, Emily Weiss, has found immense success building such a curated collection of skincare and makeup products that millions (quite literally) of people adore. One of my favorite aspects? They won’t put out a product without reason. It has to outperform the competition or fill a gap. This thoughtful business approach, in my personal opinion, is part of what’s made it the quintessential millennial pink, Instagram-worthy brand you see everywhere.
So, I’m sharing today’s post in honor of the recently opened Chicago pop-up! As a Glossier rep, I get asked a lot of questions about various products, but the one I receive the most is, “What are your favorites?” Such a difficult question, truly, but I’m narrowing it down to my top three picks for each category, skincare and makeup. Keep reading below to take a look and don’t forget to shop Glossier through my link, if you’d like (www.glossier.com/reps/meghan), or the pop-up itself at 114 North Aberdeen through October 28!
- Milky Jelly Cleanser – $18 // Let’s just say it won Allure’s Best of Beauty award in 2017 for a reason. I can almost guarantee you that the consistency of this cleanser is unlike anything you’ve ever tried before. However, my hands-down favorite part? It’s gentle enough to use on your eyes to remove mascara (it’s even ophthalmologist tested). Unlike other brands that claim this, it genuinely is. I use it on my eyes daily without any irritation whatsoever!
- Invisible Shield – $25 // Sunscreen is so insanely important and dermatologists’ number one tip for avoiding wrinkles, age spots, sun damage, etc. Why I prefer Glossier’s is because it’s clear and friendly for every skin tone (bye, bye white cast). It’s also SPF 35, five above the normally recommended number, and smells like a mix of summer and the beach.
- Boy Brow (in Blond) – $16 // This product saved my brows! That sounds dramatic, but it’s true. I used to fill in my brows with Anastasia Brow Pomade and make them super square and shaped, not because it looked good on me, but because it’s what everyone else was doing. Boy Brow is your brows, but better, much like a lot of Glossier products. It tints, shapes, holds and made me embrace the shape of my natural brows.
- Cloud Paint – $18 for one or $30 for two // In my opinion, blush might as well have been dead until Cloud Paint came around. The cream to powder formula melts into your skin and is best applied with your fingers (just don’t overdo it, they’re pigmented). Plus, there’s a shade for everyone, but my favorites are Dusk, Beam, and Storm.
- Generation G (in Cake) – $18 // I really like Generation G lippies, but the Cake shade is my favorite in particular. It’s that flawless nude lip that doesn’t look overly done or fake. Looks great all year long too. If you’re not familiar, the Gen G formula is slightly matte, but hydrating at the same time. Almost like a tinted lip balm without the sheen (or a blotted lip).
- Perfecting Skin Tint (in Light) – $26 // Another Glossier product that made me embrace my natural self (skin in this case). Do you sense a trend here? When my skin is clear on my acne meds, this is just enough coverage for every day when paired with a concealer for my undereye and blemishes/scars. It feels so light on the skin and gives you a slight dew.
What’s your favorite Glossier product? Share with me in the comment section below. I’d love to know! Be sure to either shop online through my rep link here (first-timers get 20% off and every order $30+ gets free shipping) or visit the Chicago pop-up. Thanks for reading!