As a college student who loves fashion, I’ve found that one of the best things you can do is learn to expand your wardrobe. This doesn’t have to be monotonous though. It’s often fun! I see it as playing dress up. One of my favorite looks lately was extremely bohemian and combined many different aspects such as a hat, a skirt over a dress, tights, and a belt. Accessories are more helpful than we often realize.
1. SUNdress? You can wear any dress all year round so long as you wear it right. Just like I did with this one, by putting it underneath this skirt and kimono. Or just pair it with a jean jacket, dark infinity scarf, tights and some fall booties.
2. Invest in timeless pieces like boyfriend jeans, a trench coat and striped T-shirts. They are staples to so many looks. Your closet can be remixed better this way.
3. Belts and scarves can transform an outfit. The two together can actually make an ensemble. Stock up on these cheap accessories to extend your wardrobe.
4. Layer! Sweaters or tops and skirts over dresses. There are endless opportunities. Dress-up is important here! Be a kid again.
5. Don’t be afraid. Confidence truly is the best accessory. Even if you look ridiculous wearing something, if you’re confident in it, you’ll still look fabulous.
That’s all I have! What are some of your tips for getting the most of your closet and wardrobe? I’d love to know. Let me know in the comments below 🙂